Silicon Valley’s Biggest Secret: The golink
So what exactly is a golink? (sometimes referred to as a “go link” or “go-link)
Let me illustrate by asking a simple question.
“How would you access your current paycheck right now?”
A typical scenario might look something like this:
- I’ve created a bookmark! It’s somewhere in my bookmarks folder along with the other hundreds of important links I’ve bookmarked, let me just look for it…
- Wait, this is my personal laptop, and my bookmarks are saved on my work laptop…
- Oh, I think it was in my New Hire Orientation packet, let me go find that binder. Aha! here’s the link: https://www.adp.com/old_application_link_from_2002.asp
- 404 Error. That link is no longer valid.
- Well, I know I get paid by ADP, so let me just go to their site…
Umm… I guess I’ll just try all four logins and one of them should work eventually?
Step 1: https://go/paycheck
If you work at one of the large Silicon Valley Tech companies like Google, Facebook, Linkedin, Yahoo or many others, you can actually click on this link above and it will take you directly to your paycheck.
Try clicking on it now and see if your company is already using golinks.
What happened? Did Medium get stuck? Were you eventually presented with this screen below?
This means that your company isn’t using golinks. Which also means your coworkers are losing valuable time searching for important links within your company.
So I can check my paycheck faster? Is that it?
There are many more benefits that come with a golink system such as:
- Sharing golinks among all employees
- Vocalizing shareable golinks quickly in a meeting
- Accessing golinks outside of the company VPN
- Resolving golinks on All Devices including Mobile Devices
- Posting fliers and posters with easy to remember golinks
- Having up-to-date golinks at all times
- Saving minutes each day searching for internal information
- Much more!
“So how can I get my company to start using golinks like all of the Silicon Valley companies?”
Just sign up at https://www.golinks.io and get started by creating your links for your company! You can create a golink for https://go/paycheck and keep it updated whenever it changes. No need to fill your New Hire Orientation packets with important links that will eventually be obsolete.
But wait, why can’t I just use bit.ly for this?
Well, let’s try to create that link.
https://bit.ly/paycheck | It’s already taken!
https://bit.ly/paycheck1 | It’s already taken!
https://bit.ly/paycheck3 | It’s already taken!
https://bit.ly/mycompanypaycheck | It’s already taken!
Get started today and check out all of the features available: https://www.golinks.io/